Monday, March 15, 2010

Waiting.

I'm downtown waiting to process yet another wastewater application for a new project. I realized that all this waiting around is a waste of time, so I've decided to start writing the blogs while I wait. There are people sitting all around me, so I keep shrinking my font size down so that they can't read it. Gottem. I know they want to look hard, especially the people behind me.

This past weekend was super fun. (By the way, I hate when people mistakenly say "This passed weekend".)

On Friday, we went to Oishii for happy hour since Philip can't eat meat on Fridays. Lent. The chopped scallop and salmon sashimi went hard.<--- "went hard" is the modern-day vernacular for: super, good, awesome, best, A+, bonus. I was being rebellious and strayed from the happy hour menu, much to Philip's dismay. <----Written in the style of classical literature.

Later we went to Rudyard's to play darts and shoot pool. Wait, before that we went to Cecil's for one round of pool 'cause Rudyard's was too packed. Philip won that game; but whatever, 'cause those pool sticks were boo boo. Went back to Rudz and it was still packed with a bunch of people that usually aren't there. I know this because we run that place, since summer '09, baby. I love that place for real though. The bartenders are super cool to us and the drinks are cheap. One day I'm going to feel nostalgia-overload towards that place. Anyway, it was packed because they were having a memorial for the guy who designed all the metalwork for the bar. I guess he was a cool guy and pretty well known in the community since it was so packed. At one point there was a lot of cheering and crowding around going on when this one guy (I found out it was the local "crazy-man") came down the stairs on roller-skates while balancing a beer on his head. I like that kind of dumb stuff.

Wow. I have been waiting for 2 straight hours now. That means this post will be long and boring since I am just aimlessly typing, trying to keep myself busy.

Went to Dallas on Saturday morning for the Paqciauo fight. The whole trip went hard. I wonder if when you write stuff like this, are you supposed to go into detail so that you don't forget some of the good stuff? Or will just reading about the gist of it trigger the memories.

Oh, my turn. Bye.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment