Monday, March 29, 2010

I Love My Mom

I love my mom. She is pretty cool and I know I get a lot of my personality from her. One thing we don't have in common though, is English. My English is awesome. Hers...not so much. To her credit, I'll have to say her Chinese is top-notch. She writes poems and teaches Chinese calligraphy, so you know, no time to learn English. I can't read much Chinese, so when we e-mail each other she's forced to do it my way.

-----------------------------
Dear YoYo,
I play with Jo Jo's two kids every day, too bad I don't have camera, the big one are so highper, the small one soooo cot.

talk to you later

Mom
-----------------------------
highper=hyper . This one is good 'cause she tried. It was close!
cot = cute. Don't know what she's sounding out in her head for this one.

-----------------------------
Dear YoYo
since daddy and mommy all out of town, I really presur your help. Without you, we probable can not make this trip, I want to said "THANK YOU YO YO", I'm so glad I'm your mom.

Thank you taking care of my office work, I WILL LET YOU make three wishes, what do you want? Star on the sky? black Ross? OR a House?

Yes, me and dad will have a good vacation, since you are handle everything in office, even daddy's work, WOOOOOOOW !

Love you and miss you
Mom

-----------------------------
presur = appreciate. When she says this in Engrish it sounds like "preeshur". Kinda close to appreciate, don't you think?

black Ross. Oh man, this one was my favorite. When I first read it, I was so confused. Especially because she capitalized Ross. What she meant to say was ROSE. A black rose because black roses are rare and she is my mom and knows me so well that if I had three wishes, one wish would be a rare black rose. I would also like a star ON the sky. Or maybe she will just get me a house. WOOOOOOOOOW.


-----------------------------
Deal all:

Thanks for you all always thinking about me, I'm so lucky have you all be my family, love and happy is a healthy food, eat then one times a day, TODAY I'M SO FULL, I ATE A LOT, THANK YOU ALLLLLLL, E-mail is a best gift.

LOVE
MOM
-----------------------------
She is a sweet, sweet woman, isn't she? Now, why is it that she can write "Dear YoYo" but cannot write "Dear All"? Maybe she really means Deal all.

I have noticed that my mom loves to make these weird metaphors. It makes sense though. Come on, take her advice: Happiness is the healthiest food of all. Make sure you eat it at least once a day.



jess

3 comments:

  1. you said she write poetry

    this is a formuler for a good blog, i'm glad i suggested it, and i like taking credit for stuff

    arpha

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. you are my inspiration. you are my everything. psych nikka!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a sweet lady. I had a friend who was a foreign exchange student from china. He always said "uraly". I thought he was saying "rarely" but he was saying "usually". He said his american english teacher told him to say it like that.

    ReplyDelete