Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bills, bills, bills

So... I woke up this morning to my alarm beeping. It's a fancy alarm because it has two alarm functions: music first, then beeping later- but also because it has a backup battery option so that it goes off even if it's unplugged, except when that happens, no music. First clue.

Then I go to my bathroom and flip the light switch which doesn't work. Second clue.
My first instinct is to go to the backyard and mess with the electricity box (whatever it's called) because my place is old and the power always goes out. But usually when that happens certain areas in my house aren't affected. So I try the kitchen switch.

Fine. I didn't pay my dang electricity bill. I thought I paid, but you can't trust automated phone payments because they're run by robots. Which, if you think about it, should probably be more competent than real people.

I'm going to be optimistic though. Here's why: My first class got canceled today, meaning I got up at 10am instead of at 7am. I found out the power company came to cut me off at 8am. If I had regular class, I wouldn't have found out about this ROBBERY until I got home at 5. That would mean I would have had to suffer a depressing, dark night until they came the next day. Also, the weather was perfect today. If this was any other day, my space heater would have shut off and I would have been dead meat. AND, the sun was super bright today so I could still do my makeup pretty well in my room. Whew. (I feel like the word "day" is too overpowering in this paragraph.)

Let's hope the power company hooks me up before I get home.

I met my new neighbors yesterday. Philip called to tell me that he heard them in the backyard, so he stood in the bedroom and spied on them through the cracks in the blind. He said he made eye contact with the guy and that's funny. I bet he got super scared and started doing things like moving stuff around, touching stuff -how I do when I get flustered.

I wanted to meet them really badly but Philip was against it because, you know, he freaking just spied on them and got "caught". I obliged him, but then when I was taking out the trash I ran into them anyway. I bet my subconscious told me to do that. I greeted them and we did the whole handshake thing. I said, "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Jessica." He said, "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Adam." I said, "Nice to meet you Madame." OH MY GOD. SO EMBARRASSING. I thought about it all day and even before I went to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the madame disconnected your power. I saw it on Lakeview Terrace.

    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that movie should get an Oscar.

    ReplyDelete