Monday, April 19, 2010

Kick Ass: Pretty Sure There Are No Spoilers




So I told everyone that it might be the greatest movie I've ever seen. I think it's cause during the movie I said it like three times out loud to Jessica that it was the best movie ever. I thought it to myself two more times. There was no down hype effect in effect here. Use of those two words might be wrong there. Hope I'm not up hyping it right now.

Since then I've found myself sometimes second guessing this. Only because I don't know if I need good guys getting hurt or beat up or whatever. I know it has to happen because there's a formula for movies. Good guy is sucky, becomes awesome, everything is awesome for a second, everything gets twisted and conflicted, then good guy solves everything in some sort of awesomeness. I hate when good guys get hurt, it makes me cringe hard. When I see bad guys getting what they deserve I freaking love it super hard. I was yelling at the screen like, "Yes! Mothereffer!" That sounds super loser, but I was just feelin' it, maybe I was in a good mood, maybe I was in a good mood because of the movie though. I think I would love it if the good guy still solves the problem without everything in his world getting messed up, but maybe I wouldn't have as much of a strong feeling later on in the movie if it didn't.

Something else that made me realize that I loved the movie is that there are always things that bother me a lot in movies. This includes little girls who think they are soooooooo cooool and act all rude and bad A word, but the girl was nice and I thought she was freaking awesome, girls that fight kinda bother me in the first place anyway, but she didn't at all, total opposite.

See, right here looks like exactly what I would hate, but I didn't.

I hate when bad guys do a bad job, but they did a good job even with their jokes.

I hate when the girlfriend gets in the way and causes so much trouble for the good guy. Oh, and I hate when the girlfriend gets mad at the boyfriend for being a good guy or just for nothing cause that's all they do in real life.

I hate torture on good guys, but again it might have made me have stronger feelings in the end.

I like martial arts with guns.

I hate friends with bad jokes or who act over the toppy, but the two friends did well.

Only thing it was missing was me getting tricked like in Lucky Number Sleven.

The End.

PS. I took two dumps while writing this at work.

PSS. Saw Gab at the theater, and he sneaked into Date Night and Kick Ass. Don't tell his mom.

3 comments:

  1. damn, i didn't see it this weekend. sounds like i need to see it asap. btw didn't read your post/review for fear of spoilers. will read it after i see it...

    i remember sneaking into pulp fiction freshman year in hs. that was pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what was that knife line from the commercial? "I have one too" or something like that. That was dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cause you didn't know she was talking about a balisong baby. She's pretty good with it too.

    ReplyDelete