Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend Recap

Another summer weekend gone. Still trying to do it big to make up for the up-coming semester. I guess the best solution for that is to take a nice, long vacation. I just don't have the motivation to plan anything yet. Been thinking about San Fransisco, LA or Taiwan. In that order.

Let's see... on Thursday Philip came over after work and we hung out for like half an hour before he had to leave to meet his parents and his aunt and uncle for dinner at Kim Son. They were having a dinner to discuss the engineering lead he got from his uncle. I kept telling Philip to stay for a little bit longer 'cause I'm psychic and I knew he wouldn't be late. Dinner was supposed to be at 6 (It took me like 45 minutes to get there, so I got there at 6:15, but when I called my dad he said they were still at home. Dumb. Sat inside putting numbers into my new phone lookin' like a dummy. Oh yeah, I've never thought Kim Son or Tay Do were ever that good. It's like how we've been feeding this cat outside Jessica's house, and it doesn't like this food we got that is a dollar more. It loves the dollar less food, so I think it's like if you give me a bunch of caviar I'm not gonna finish it, but if you give me a bunch of McDonald's that stuff will be scarftown USA.) Anyway, he leaves, and I do some grocery shopping and eat Quiznos, which I was excited about 'cause I got the Prime Rib and Peppercorn which I had gotten a million times before and it's so delicious- thinly sliced beef covered in cheese with grilled onions. I'm only mentioning this because when I got home and opened it, FAILURE. They gave me some chopped beef bs and hardly ANY cheese (I'm thinking that it should be HARDLY ANY or HARDLY any.) I begrudgingly ate it. Soon afterward, a couple of my classmates came by so we could go to bingo. Philip said he was unhappy about this classmates-outing because he was the one who showed me bingo, but really it was Nikko who got it from Kathleen, so yeah (Not even. I was just mad cause I didn't get to hang out.). The bingo hall was packed. The guy at the front said it was at max capacity and we could only get in if we had friends who saved us seats. Luckily my friend Miles and Bobbie were there, but they didn't have seats for us (Bobbie is a guy). We ended up finding chairs from the cafeteria and bringing them to the stage and using the stage as a table. They ran out of doppers (I think it's dabbers or dobbers) too, and I only had one of them so between 3 people we shared one dopper. Made it so much more stressful.
After bingo, we went to Meteor to watch my friend Aike perform in the Houston Pride Idol contest. This was the second week and it's gonna go on for about 5 more weeks. Each week one person gets booted off and you vote by texting for your favorite singer. I'm trying to make it point to go every week 'cause he definitely deserves to win. Plus, all the contestants are gay, so they put on a pretty good show (I've never heard him sing, but I want to support him, but it's too gay for me).

On Friday, Philip and I got off work a little earlier than usual so we could meet Sam at my house to catch a ride to Austin. Philip's friend was graduating and all of them wanted to party together. We get to Austin at like 8 something and we eat at Chipotle and buy beer and play beer pong at Johnny's apartment. The beer pong table was missing a middle leg, so they stacked a bunch of crap underneath it: a bag of paper plates, a crock pot, a box of water. Didn't look too stable. It worked though (I bet Jessica loves hanging out with MacGyver. The MacGyver Mythbusters episode was pretty good). Me and Philip were on a team and we were undefeated for like 4 rounds; maybe more, but I don't remember because I was elated (She kept surprisingly making stuff while I threefered and hit last cup). I think I have finally proven my skills at not only darts and pool but also beer pong. Go ahead Philip, say something (I hate what your hand does on the follow-through, and your hands might be going to your hips right after shooting, which looks really cool). After awhile we get ready to go out to 6th street. We go to all these clubby places and stay at each one for a little bit. I have to pee at every single one we go to, and we leave pretty much immediately after I'm done, so that's how long we stay (Don't remember doing anything at any of the places except walking around and maybe someone buying a round). End up at this young, Asian club called Latitude which we went to the last time I was in Austin (All Asians end up here at the end of the night). I don't remember doing much there except ordering some drinks, going to the bathroom, Philip telling me he sees Joseph, and I think it's him too, but we walk up close and turns out it's just his twin (Man, I'm drunk, and I big time think it's him, so I yell his name out and then get closer and yell it kinda in his face, but then when he squares his face to me I realized it's not him, and I just walk away like I wasn't super embarrassed). I meet Philip's co-worker Neza for the first time. She happens to be partying for her brother's graduation too. Small world (She said Jessica was really pretty on Monday when I saw her at work. All I said was thanks. What are you supposed to say?).We ended up going to a karaoke place after (Austin Karaoke), but we never go inside. I think all of us sat on the curb outside for a good hour or so. It wasn't boring though. They had this Korean BBQ stand outside and I drunkedly whipped out my leftover money and told the guy to make me all the food he could for $20. It was meat on a stick on a bed of cabbage with Korean sauce drizzled all over it. So good (Pretty good, but when is stuff not good when you're drunk?). At one point I did go inside the karaoke bar to use the restroom, of course, and I run into all these old friends from Houston. That was kind of fun since I hadn't seen a lot of them for a good while. Oh yeah, for someeeee reason Philip was upset with me. He just kept pouting the whole time we were there and acting like he was mad, but I'm like, "what's the deal?" and his answer is, "I don't know why I'm mad, but I'm mad." (This part is true, I remember being mad that she was a punk, but I couldn't and still can't remember what she did that was punky). So then we knuckle up and I win cause I've been working out my thighs (I'm making the "good joke" face). We go back to Johnny's and the boys continue to party (Shotguns till 6 in the mo'nin' from darts bets, also Hamburger Helper noodles with Spam squares for a snack). I'm exhausted so I make a makeshift bed on the floor in an empty room with Philip's folded clothes. I formed a line the length of my body with his t-shirts and used his bag as a pillow. It was cold too, so I laid some of his tank tops on my exposed arms and legs. Then Philip gave me a blanket and I fell asleep. (The floor sucked cause it was wood, and there's no furniture cause he was moving out the next day, but that's how you get strong.)

Woke up and everyone sat in Johnny's room and recapped the night. There was a lot of farting, laughing and doorway pull-ups going on. I felt like I was in college again. Wait, I mean I felt like how I felt when my friends were in college again. (Watched some Mean Girls. Saw the part where she kicks the radio into the guys face from the stage when they're performing the Christmas song/dance thingy. She barely kicks it, but the next frame is the radio hitting him in the face super hard, you know what I'm talking about.)

Drove out to some far place to eat some flavorless Pho and drink some flavorless Thai tea. I liked the ride up there and the ride back to Johnny's place. Can't remember why. Oh yeah, I knew all the songs on the radio and it's also fun to sit in the backseat with Philip. Barf. Sorry (Apology accepted. We also ate with people that Johnny knew, but I also went to high school with. Small world again). We get back to Johnny's apartment and then it turns into NO FUN TIME 'cause he needs help moving (Tricksters, bring me up there to party. Psyche, move my stuff). Everyone kinda just sits there, not wanting to do anything, pushing things around. I keep thinking I got tricked into a "vacation" when really, I have to put in manual labor to pay for the fun I had on Friday. The boys start moving the heavy stuff and I invent functional ways to move large amounts of clothes (So Jessica loops one of his belts around a bunch of hanger hooks with his shirts on them. When she hands them to Johnny his arms get all shaky, the kind where you're trying to pour from a really heavy jug. It's super funny cause Jessica's super weak, and she was holding it pretty smoothly). I was scared I was going to find something gross in his closet but I didn't. Philip and I start getting bored and we're waiting for Sam to get back from switching out his car at his parents' house. We end up walking to the corner store to look for some fun. I buy a big Blue Moon and Philip buys a Maxx energy/alcoholic beverage which tastes like butt(hole). We also get two scratch-offs, some beef jerky and some sour tape candy. Philip's scratch off wins $2, and I win nothing. I knew from the moment we bought them, that his was the winning one, but I let him have it because I knew he was sad from feeling like he was wasting his Saturday (Thanks, can you just buy them from now on, now that you can tell if they're gonna win or not?). We drive back to Houston and make a million stops because first I had to use the bathroom and Philip wanted to cash in his huge winnings, second- because Sam and Philip wanted to get some alcohol before 9 so we stopped in Smithville and third- because Sam was getting sleepy and needed an energy drink. We get back to my house and start getting ready for the night. Most of Philip's guy friends are in Houston this summer so they all came over to pre-drink before going out to Washington. They do all these challenges to see who can accomplish what, and the losers have to drink (Most of the challenges in the beginning are darts related. The guys are Charles, David, Dennis, Sam, and me. I'm the darts king, so I make everyone take a bunch of 1800 shots. David really wants Dennis to take 5 shots in a row for anything, so we think up more challenges. Sam makes up this challenge with masking tape. You take or make the other person take as many shots as how many wrap arounds of tape you break wrapped around your wrists. First one is two, which David takes on. I know he knows it's easy as we're taping it on, but he doesn't say anything. He stands up and charges up and explodes with energy. It was super easy. Two shots for Sam. No one wants to do anymore, so we move to chopsticks. A couple of people try to break two chopsticks with one hand, and no one can do it. Shots. Then Sam tries breaking just one, but can't even do one. Jessica tries it and does it super easy. Should be like a million shots for Sam). We finish off two bottles easy, and make it out to the The Lot. My girlfriends are all up there and we party, party, party. I didn't know The Lot attracted so many Asians, but you know how Asians take over everything. Saw a bunch of other people there like Philip's basketball league people. You end up making "friends" with everyone when you have some drinks in you (Haha everyone did really good jobs with making friends). We go back to my place and Sam and Dennis pass out quick on my couch.

(Me and Dennis have the playoffs in the morning at 10). Wake up the next morning to a nice surprise (I go to wake up Dennis, and there is a huge huge huge wet spot on the couch. When I tug on his shirt to wake him up, it's super soaked. He wakes up and says, "What the F am I doing here?" Then Sam starts laughing even though he's sleeping right next to him. Needless to say, He peed all over himself and the couch. We take pictures, and Sam uploads one).


Philip and Dennis head out to their bball game, and I get ready and meet them up there a little bit later (We lose in the Semis when we're probably the favorites to win the whole thing cause we're in the B bracket. Jason's team has a rep of being the best team in the league, including the A bracket, but since I joined the team last year we've lost a few starters). Jason's mom wanted to take their team to eat, so we all go to Fuddruckers up by 290 and me and Philip share a 1 pounder. Philip says a bunch of funny stuff and so he thinks we had a really good time (I didn't think we had a really good time, I just said that because I know you think it about your times). We finally get the burger and Philip finds two hairs in it (Usually I never complain about that stuff, but it was too gross this time. It looked like it was cooked into the bread dough cause we had to pull it out, not lift it up off the bun, plus it was crinkled and junk, not head hair). Then we go to Landry's for Timmy's graduation lunch (Too full to eat. See a bunch of kids I knew in middle school cause their friends with Timmy now). More stuff happens, but I have to wrap it up 'cause I gotta go downtown now! (Finishing it up. Good memory training right now cause I'm having trouble remembering what we did Sunday. After Timmy's thing we went to Best Buy to look for an iPod because Jessica lost hers, and I have a 65 dollar gift card. They're sold out. Then we go to Academy to get more flights for our darts. I go look at the shoes and find some nice Nikes. The isles are labeled like running, basketball, and training. I don't know what training means, but I'm guessing it means crosstraining. The shoes looked flat like weight lifting shoes though, so I wanted to get those. Since I'll be going hard on my legs in the weight room this summer, I might need to get some really stable shoes. Went to Jessica's, took a nap, watched tv, and then went home).

Jess

1 comment:

  1. 1) you guys should go to LA! ya'll are more than welcome to crash at my place if you do visit.

    2) you guys should've gone to the korean taco truck while in austin. i want to know if it's busy and/or any good.

    ReplyDelete