Thursday, May 6, 2010

Daily Recap/ First Workouts

Yesterday was day two of my summer workout plan. Got home from work, was going to do laundry, but Philip wanted to take advantage of the $5 all-you-can-play pool at Slicks. Went there, beat him twice, then left to get some food. Brainstorm for dinner: Pappasito's 'cause it's the fajita special for two people after 5pm on Wednesday. Decided against it 'cause it was Cinco de Mayo and that would have turned into a big "to-do". Then we decided on Fuddruckers because I was craving a burger. No to that, it was too far. Ended up at McDonalds where two homeless people were also eating. Philip's nose is really good cause when he turned his head one way, he could smell them, but when he turned it just an inch the other way, it was fine. Went back to Slicks and then these two young, teenager looking boys approached us to play against them. They seemed like good kids, kinda unsure of themselves; awkward. We played them and lost/won/lost. It wasn't a real game though since they were counting bullshit shots and Philip was injured 'cause he tried to shoot all hard and punched the pool table. We were there for a long time. I'm gonna say... 5:30-8:45. Is that long?

Went to the gym. It was cool going all late because no one was really there. I did the leg press and squat machine and bench press. I hate the squat machine, it's not fun. Leg presses are do-able though. When I went on the leg press, the seat was scooted back pretty far, so I tried to read directions on how to scoot it up, but there were none. So I pulled the lever up, and being the strong person I am, I pulled it too far up and jammed it. I tried to mess with it, but it didn't work. I ended up asking this huge muscular meat head to help me and he fiddled with it and was like, "Man, someone broke it." I was like, "Nuh uh. No way." He fixed it though, thankfully.

4 comments:

  1. how much are you squatting/leg-pressing/bench-pressing now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did max 70 lbs on the leg press, but i started out at 50. philip started me on 70 on the squat machine too, but when i went by myself i did 50. and 50 on the bench press.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mannnnnn guess what she was doing

    started at 30 for the leg press with increments of 5 after doing sets of 8 or something

    so mad when i found out cause she said she spent forever on that thing

    totally played off my broken hand

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope it works and you enjoy it. If you think you need help, just ask, or ask Philip or ask Marianne, she tried it too.

    ReplyDelete