Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend Recap

***Longest Weekend Recap in the Universe***

Key: Philip responds in blue. Jessica responds to Philip's post in red.

So the weekend kind of started on Thursday for me because it was the senior's graphic show. They're all graduating so they display all their work to try to get professionals to see it and maybe hire them. The show was at Winter Street Gallery. It's a good gallery, but the seniors last year did it there too, so next year we'll have to find a new gallery otherwise everyone would get tired of going to the same place 3 times in a row. Philip made me sad before we left for the show, but then it went away real quick. Just wanted to remember that. It's like movies, you want to feel stuff, so maybe this will trigger something one day. Drew and Miles came over, bought beer, played darts, ate chicken nuggets, went to the show. They had free beer and appetizers so it made things better for the boys, I'm sure. We went to the after party at 13 Celsius which is a wine bar downtown. It's a cool spot- I always drive by and want to go in, but I never do. It was fun because there were so many different groups of people there. My professors, my graphics buddies, Gerry, Philip and his friend Sam, my friends Miles, Chris and Kevin. Beer + Wine = weird hangover. (Kinda weak cause I knew I had work in the morning, so I was kinda boring.)

Friday started early too. I had to go to court to turn in my defensive driving stuff so I left work early to do so. Man, I go to that courthouse so much for driving stuff. By the way, they totally re-vamped the whole place. 32" LCD screens around the whole lobby, new glass windows, new flooring, etc. I wonder if our new lesbian mayor did that. Gay people have taste. I like the changes though, because the system is way more orderly than before. Got to the courthouse, parked my car and couldn't find my ID. Called Philip. It was in his wallet. Drove to his work to pick it up and then went back to court. (I knew she would forget about my google master title. She got to my work and needed to know where to get stuff notarized. Googled it. Your bank will do it for free, and UPS costs money.) There are always soooo many Mexican people who are in trouble! Seriously. They even have the Mexican ice cream cart guy outside of the court to cater to them on a daily basis.

Philip had a half day because that weekend would be Mother's Day. Weirdest reason for half-days ever. BUT he does work with all these ladies, so he reaps that benefit I guess. He bought roses for each lady there because I guess they're all moms. I can imagine him going up to each of them and handing out a rose. So cute/gay/nice. He gave me the leftover roses which he left in his car, which wilted from the heat. Still thought it was sweet. I'll take what I can get. (I guess I'll let the bag out of the cat. Tita Meng wrote down on a sticky note, "Buy 6 long stem roses for tomorrow." She walked up to me and said, "Mr. Philip, I have some extra curricular activity for you." She just showed it to me without saying anything, so no one would know, but even I didn't know. In my head, I was just like man what do I have to get roses for, but then I figured it was for all the ladies. Still, I was like why do I have to get roses cause I suck.)

I ended up with a half day too, since it took me forever to get all the court stuff done. Went to Oishii and ate. I did it big by ordering stuff NOT on the HH menu, (which I hate - Philip). I'm rich 'cause of my fat tax return. I keep saying that and acting on it, going to be so poor so soon. Tried to take a nap after that, but instead gave Philip a Chinese lesson on how to say: 1. What? 2. Still a long time 3. I remember my first beer. He picks up on things I'm saying on the phone to my mom and he makes me repeat them and teach him. So far he can say the above mentioned and "That thing, so scary." and "Yes." (I'm pretty sure we did nap for at least an hour, oh yeah we did cause I was saying now I'm gonna remember how to say these things cause you learn when you sleep.)

Went to the Tavern for Pattie's boyfriend Thi's surprise birthday thing. Met some old friends up there. Viraj, this Indian guy who talks black, likes to rap and plays ping pong. (Viraj is the guy who got Thi to go to the Tavern by saying that he got a flat tire near by and needed a jack. I asked Thi if he was mad cause Viraj called him to help him out, and he was just like I was trying to use the excuse that my jack might not fit your car cause I have a BMW, and we made fun of him for that.) Viet, who used to date my friend Tracy and has a circle tattoo of a sun around his belly button.

(So, that whole group was going to House of Blues, which had a special room where we didn't have to dress up. Jessica, what was it called? (The Foundation Room.) Anyway, we went back to Jessica's so she could change, and I find out Sam's at Union with some other people. We stop by there cause it's really close to Jessica's, but we end up staying there the rest of the night, and we see so many other people each of us know small world like. They're all not there together too, which was weird cause it was pretty empty there too. Casey, Stephanie, Geoff, Sam, Ian, Irene's cousin.) (And also Huy, who drunk-chatted up Philip about some spartan tv show.)

Oh man. I gotta go downtown for work stuff. Philip, please finish this. Thanks.

Jess

Added some stuff, but leaving work now. Maybe I'll finish when I get to your place.

Philip

Ok, I, Philip, am doing Saturday:

Woke up too early like at 8 something. Stayed in bed until 12 something cause Jessica had an appointment with her personal trainer for her one free session. Finally went back to sleep for about 45 minutes, and she gets back and tells me it was sucky cause she didn't get any pointers on getting a good butt. Actually it's cause he just put her in a corner and made her do some medicine ball and body weight stuff. That gym is gay cause both guys that work there and helped her keep hitting on her. (Don't know what's happening. I'm friendly with them like I'm friendly with homeless people or people who work at Kroger.) She just got a text from the trainer guy about getting coffee (Not true. He said " be glad to lift with you, it's on me!" No coffee was involved.), and that other guy asked her if I was just her friend and said he'd give me a one week free pass if she wanted, and he said he'd show her how to use the machines. That's what they call it now. I had a plan for Saturday to get my oil changed, eat at Tornado, and then get something for my mom for Mother's Day. Only did none of those cause we didn't get out of bed till 2, and then I couldn't find the thing I wanted to get at the store for my mom, so I just ordered it from the internet. It's some dumb aromatherapy body patch to help with itch relief cause my mom has had allergies for like two months straight. Went to church at 5 with my parents. Met up Chris and Nikko at Chris' house while Jessica was eating with her parents. Tito Monching was there hiding to surprise Tita Tess for Mother's Day cause he wasn't supposed to get back into town for another week. We all went to dinner at Beaver's, a barbecue place, with Bryan and Marianne. Pretty good and expensive, but rich Tito Monching paid for everyone. Tough guy.

We all go back to Chris' and play Monopoly. I win. We decide to go to Pearl Bar for someone's birthday. Me and Jessica go back to Jessica's to change, and I invite Sam and Monalisa. Sam says ok, then I guess he found out last minute it was his dad's birthday and said he couldn't come. What a good son. Mona says ok, and she said she'd be there before 11:30 cause that's when we're trying to leave. Me and Jessica play darts until 12, and Mona hasn't even left cause of all these excuses. She's gassy, can't find anything to wear, and is arguing with her boyfriend. We meet everyone at The Lot right next door to Pearl, and they're playing the video photo hunt thingy. Peace, Bad Robot. Hello, Good Robot. He had the high score, now we do. Mona meets us, and then my brother and Marianne leave cause they hate her. Actually it's just cause they're tired and married. We randomly see people we know separately but are together small world like again. I see people from my basketball league who's game the next day is at 2PM, and they're having all the fun. Nikko drank too fast, again. He has his head down on the back rest of another chair towards the end. We split up and get Jessica's car from the valet. We get it, and the truck in front of us backs up into Jessica's car. Not bad, couldn't tell cause I was kinda drunk. I just told the valet guys to remember us next time cause that was super sucky. Jessica drives Mona's car, and I drive Jessica's to Jessica's house. ( I liked this part, cause Mona asked Philip if she should trust my driving and he said, "Yeah, she's the best." - or something to that degree. He will deny this and say he doesn't remember.) Us three hang out while she tries to sober up to drive home. It's like 4, and I have my game at 10AM. (By hanging out, he means he turned on the TV, which I HATE for "after-parties". I'd rather talk about my ideals.)

Sunday:

I wake up at 9 to get ready for my game. Jessica usually comes to every game, but this time she sucks and can't get up. I get a text from Jason that sounds all scared, "Where are y'all at?!" I don't text back cause I'm 10 minutes away, plus you think I got unlimited texts or something? Like a minute before the games starts we only have four when a fifth shows up. I'm thinking, awesome, I'm gonna be playing 40 minutes son. We end up winning by 17, and I made 7 baskets with an and 1. Jessica missed it. I always tell her that if she doesn't come then she might miss something awesome, which she did. (Maybe Philip should just do awesome stuff more often and I would never miss it, because i'm there like 99% of the time.) It was an and 1 dunk, then I dunked the free throw. Guess working out during the week works cause I didn't get that tired either from playing all 40 minutes. What was good about losing our first 5 games was that you don't have to keep the stats and run the clock for the next game. I volunteered to do it this time cause Jessica wasn't waiting. I only got yelled at once by this lady watching for not starting the clock on time. One team was up by 10 the whole time, and the other court was a close game. I was like man good thing this isn't a close game where I have to pay attention to the clock and the number of fouls and junk. Boom with 3 minutes left, the team that was down scored 7 points in 30 seconds. Anyway, left, without payin' and didn't say a word to anyone!



Went home so I could go with my parents to Three Olives where the family brunch was happening. Jessica went to her family barbecue at her parents' house. Three Olives is an Italian place in Katy that's not that good. Saw everyone, and Tito Monching surprised Tita Tess there. At brunch I heard that Nikko threw up on the way to the sink at Chris' house. I also heard that Chris' dad may have stepped in it in the morning. Brunch ended, and everyone went to the hospital to visit Tita Claire cause she might have had a very mild stroke. Can't fit 40 people in a hospital room. She probably coulda nursed herself at home. Went home and took a nap. Jessica picked me up, and we went to Swirl across from Baker St. There was this Caucasian/Italian/Jewish/just loser American lady there... (So Philip and I totally overheard this lady [overheard is an understatement 'cause she was saying it to her husband across the store,] talking about the taro flavored yogurt. She was like, "Ugh! Did you see this flavor? Taro? What IS IT? I tried it and it is SO disgusting. Why would anyone in their right mind choose that? YUCK!" Philip whispers to me, "I'm a little offended." So was I. It was like those feelings you get when you were younger and anything that to do with race got you a little bent out of shape.)

philip: do you want to talk about taro?
jessicamtsao: yes
hard
philip: ok
say that even i felt a little offended
jessicamtsao: yeah duh
both
felt it
cause we're asian. and they're talking about our freaking roots
pun

Went to Baker St. to play pool and darts, but it was freezing like always in that corner. Went to Slick's cause in Midtown the Slick's there has unlimited pool for 5 bucks on Sundays and Wednesdays. This one only had it on Wednesdays. We played for an hour, which was like 5 games, and it was 13 dollars. I hate that place. Then we got sad cause we thought we were getting boring cause we couldn't think of anything else to do cause I couldn't come over and watch movies. We went to Randall's to get groceries for the rest of the week and be healthy. The Randall's card just makes the prices go down to other cheaper stores' prices. (I used to go to that Randall's a lot when I was younger. Nostalgic. The meat department lady talked to us for a little bit about Asian moms versus Mexican moms 'cause it was mother's day. I like talking to strangers. I think Philip does too. But he has a hard time talking to people he already knows. Like the stop-and-chat with acquaintances type thing.)

I went home and put the groceries up. Took in all the plastic bags at one time looped all heavy on my forearms- because everyone knows you'd rather make one heavy trip versus 3 trips. Updated my graphics blog.

4 comments:

  1. how do you say cliff-hanger in chinese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've done it. I've read the whole thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, my mom made you buy flowers.

    damn, that dude in the video would be seriously like the worst wingman ever....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is so long that it's tiring to scroll down to read the comments.

    ReplyDelete