Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Recap

Probably long again cause I want to remember everything.

Friday:
Started off with happy hour after work with Jessica and her friends at Toku next to Baker St. on Westheimer. $1.75 handrolls were pretty big. Had some sake and beer. Jessica is probably the funny one out of her girlfriends and probably of her art school friends, but when I'm around it kinda seems like no one laughs. Then she thinks I'm judging her cause she tells me of stories of everyone laughing at her jokes. (It's a fact.) I'm not judging her cause I'm sure it happens when I'm not around. (So weird that happens. I guess I have more fun when Philip is not around.) Anyway after all of her comments it would be a little quiet, then she'd look at me and get embarrassed and laugh, but they're a tough crowd cause it didn't seem like they knew what funny was anyway. The server said he'd split the check, but he said it was too hard. We were gonna split it ourselves, but then some people were just saying let's just split it evenly, but that's never fair usually. Last time we did this Jessica and I had to pay 35 each after splitting our entree. This time we just said let's split it for real cause in my head I already knew ours was less than what it would have been had we just split it straight. Kind of embarrassing to be the ones to say that we don't want to split it evenly, but I was mad last time I said that's fine and it was 70 freaking dollars for us when we shared the entree. (I'm usually OK with just doing the even split, cause I hate doing the math and checking which things I got off a long ass receipt. I'd rather go the easy route, but Philip was there and he's a math whiz, so he did it for me. Thanks.)

So, we're leaving, and it's raining pretty hard. Jessica has a really good spot straight across the entrance. She asks if I can get the car and bring it closer by maybe 10 feet, keep in mind that I'm not gonna be the one driving, so we have to somehow switch spots after I bring it over. I think it's dumb, but I do it anyway. When I try to back out there are two other cars backing out at the same time across from me and right next to me. (I'm watching him do this the whole time while waiting under the covered section with Wendy. I tell her, "Ohhhh, I bet he is so stressed out and mad right now." I know the feeling of backing out when other people are also backing out. You end up doing the whole reverse, then going back in your spot, then reversing again thing and it's super frustration. Plus add pouring rain to that.)Also, there's a car just trying to pass through. The car behind me backs out halfway and stops to let these people in, that's fine. Then the car's reverse lights turn off, and it just sits there. Now, they are dumb, and I hate them. When I finally get to back up there are those short yellow posts behind me, and I don't really know where they all are, plus it's raining hard so it's hard to see out the back windshield. I just wanted to back out and pick her up, but she just stood there, and I knew other cars were trying to back out or get through. Dumb, so I just go to the side where there's a covered walkway to use. Anyway, I get super annoyed that the dumb idea turned out to be a for real dumb idea. (I wasn't annoyed that he was annoyed. And I got picked up. I win.)

We get on our way to Jessica's to figure out what to do for the night, and earlier Sam and Mona say they would like to join us. Sam says I'll bring over my leftover tequila from last weekend, and Mona says I'll bring some blueberry vodka. Sounds like a lean night. Oh yeah, forgot to say that my dad's in Cali for some reunion thingy, and so I'm supposed to watch over my mom and junk. I'm like dang, what a damper on the weekend, but then she calls me earlier that day at work and says that she's riding with her friend to a far bridal party, and if her friend drinks too much they're just gonna stay there. Money. I like to trick Jessica into thinking I have to go home or do something sucky that'll ruin things, then bust her big time in a good way. Rollercoaster of emotions. (I never know when he is tricking me or not, 'cause he does it three times and finally the third trick is the truth. "So I don't have to go home tonight. Just kidding, I really do. Just kidding again.")

Sam and Mona get there, and we figure out that we're just gonna go to Rice Village cause there was a Facebook event saying people were going there. No one was at Brian O'neill's, so we finished our drinks on the patio to go to Baker St. across the street. I guess we're all already pretty drunk from the cool combination of tequila and blueberry vodka because we find two umbrella's and a pack of cigarettes out on the patio and take them. I think I remember having an umbrella in my hands, but I know I didn't end up with one. Also, Sam's probably pretty drunk cause instead of going straight across the street to Baker, he goes next door to Bronx Bar. On the way in, Jessica slips and almost falls. (Actually, I really do fall. It's those damned Tequila and Blueberry shots. The next day my arm and legs are all bruised up. I look like a statistic.) The bouncer walks over and says she can't go in, and I'm like it's ok she just slipped cause it's all wet and rainy. Don't remember the convo, but it felt longer than just one line, and by the end he's just like fine go ahead. The rest of the night is just input from the four of us the next day. At Bronx Bar I'm pretty sure I remember black guys trying to talk to Jessica and Monalisa. Also, Sam was dancing on a not so good looking girl, and Mona says she heard the girl say "Is that your girlfriend?" talking about Mona. She says yes, so I guess that ends that. But not for Sam is doesn't! Baby. He just keeps dancing with her. We get back to Jessica's and I remember Mona hugging the toilet, Sam and me maybe singing and dancing, and Jessica Sitting in the bathroom with Mona. Everyone passes out at Jess'. (Who is this Jessica Sitting girl? She sounds Native American.)

Saturday:
I wake up at like 8 something, and I only see Sam on the couch. When I check my phone, the text I see is, "Hety I left early this AM forba skeeping soot." She still doesn't know what she was trying to say. I go back to sleep, and we get up to go eat. I look outside now, and Sam's gone. I call him, and he says he's in College Station. He tells me his sister graduated, and he missed it hahaha. Super funny to me. We eat at this place Jessica wants to try called Cheese Berry (doesn't that sound like an Urban Dictionary word?) on Bellaire. It's an Asian pizza place. I didn't think it was too good cause it felt cheap like CiCi's, but it wasn't all you can eat. I feel kinda bad cause I feel like it was this family's bright idea to start a restaurant with Asian pizzas cause they made them for their family and friends, and I guess all of them liked it. Then I eat it, and I don't feel like I would ever go back. That sucks. Then we went to get more contacts for Jessica. We all went back to Jessica's to disperse. I went home to go to church, Mona went home, Jessica went to her friend's grad party at Lizard's.

I go to church and to prayer afterwards at Tito Jabar's house. Prayer in Katy means not getting back into town until like 1045 to 11. I hate starting late, especially on Saturdays cause I have basketball games in the morning, and this one was at 9AM the earliest ones you can have. Prayer finishes, and I take Nikko and Rachel home cause going out for them sucks since they live so far away. I probably wouldn't do stuff as much if Jessica didn't live so close to everything. Meanwhile, Jessica's been at the grad party since 4 when I left for church till I meet her at her place at almost 11. She didn't even want to go to the thing, but she heard there were only 4 people at it, so she rushed over and had so much fun. Guess why. Duh, since she's the funny one, everyone was laughing at all her jokes the whole time. Guess who wasn't there to witness it. (Man, Philip is a master hater. Everyone was laughing the whole time, but not 'cause of me. It's just weird funny stuff was happening. Plus, we were all beered up and it's always fun to hang out with classmates when it's outside of school. There was this random guy walking around. who pretty much looked like a carbon copy of Jaime Kennedy in Malibu's Most Wanted. He was acting like he was on crack or speed... really didn't fit in. Anyway, my friend Aike, who is gay, was like, "I wonder if he would show his chest since he's so messed up." I was like, I bet he will. He wobbles over to our table, and we say, "Lift your shirt." And he does it. Then his friend walks by and gets really mad at him for being so messed up and he apoligizes by saying, "Sorry daddy! Sorry! Don't beat me!" He put his hands up like he was going to get hit. Very strange. A couple of hours later, he walks by again, and we try it again: "Lift up your shirt!" He looks me straight in my eyes and says, "I ain't yo' puppet." Hope Philip doesn't get mad. No, he'll just say, "I'm so grossed out.")

Anyway, as I'm leaving the prayer Sam calls me and tells me he's going to South Beach, which is a gay club. He tells me to text him whenever we find out where we're going, cept I know he's just tryna act and really does want to go and stay at South Beach. (Is it weird to say "trying to" as opposted to "tryna" if you're Philip? What's better? Phoenetics or grammar?) We're supposed to be going to some house party that one of our friends knows about. House parties where you don't know anyone except the people you come with usually don't turn out so good. (I beg to differ. I love random house parties as long as you show up with a good group.)Luckily the plans fall through, and we have to try to figure out where to go. I get to Jess', then Miles, then Mona, then Matt and Jolene. Jolene's trying to go Azn club style, but everyone's rejecting. I guess her friends moved to Union, which is good so we don't have to dress up and it's a minute away from Jess'. I've decided I'm gonna try to be DD. It's pretty easy, turn down shots and just get beers. Drama time. Jolene's gonna beat up Monalisa cause Jolene doesn't get Mona's bad sarcastic jokes cause they just met. Miles also gets mad at Wendy for stuff. Matt gets mad at Jolene and takes her home. (Jolene is my best friend, but she gets riled up very easily. I think what happened was Mona took some unflattering pictures of her and Jolene erased one off her camera and Mona said, "You're not allowed to delete off my camera. I'll post them anyway." Then later Jolene accidentally stepped on her foot and Mona shook a fist and said "I'm gonna kick your ass." I think the fist shaking is the clue that it's not for real. We should make a reality show about this, except I don't want anyone to really get in a fight.) Everyone else comes over including some Palestinian French Norwegian guys. I whoop them in darts, and I'm waiting for everyone to leave cause I have a game in the morning. I finally just say I'm going to sleep cause I have a game and it's like 4AM. I set my alarm for 8.

Sunday:
We wake up on time, and we get there on time. My body's tired, but it's fine cause we have 10 this week cause school's over. Last week we only had 5. We win pretty easily, but I had two turnovers and one steal, and that's it. Boring. Me and Jess go to 99 Ranch Market to get some sushi. We get almost two pounds of salmon, some scallops, some imitation crab sticks, avocado, and cream cheese. The spicy salmon rolls we made were the bomb. Forgot we had to get sushi rice for a dollar, which is way better than trying to make your own without a rice cooker. Why are H Mart and 99 Ranch Market so close to each other? We ate then we took a nap, which was only supposed to be an hour, but ended up being 3 and a half for me and maybe like 3 for Jessica. What a waste of an afternoon. (Hate wasting afternoons, but I was seriously tired. Kept zoning out at his game, so it's a good thing nothing that awesome happened.) We eat the rest of the sushi and make some turkey burgers. Got a bunch of protein and omega 3 yesterday. The Simpsons is still a good show, and Saving Private Ryan is super good. Then we go rent Yes Man! The plot is about to start, but then my mom calls and says she's all alone, and that she's waiting for me. I guess I get to go home and defend some more titles on Fight Night Round 4, and that's what I do son. Jessica watches this other Indie film (An Education with Peter Sarsgaard and Carey Mulligan, a new British actress.) she rents with Yes Man! Glad I don't have to watch those with her. (Me too, 'cause I like to enjoy them without complaints.) I call her in the middle of it, and she had already cried during one of the parts. (The movie is solid. Good acting from both leads, and I think Carey Mulligan did such a good job acting like a naive highschooler. Also, her hair and some outfits were good.) Freak, forgot to say that I watched a preview of Human Centipede on her On Demand, and I couldn't stop thinking about it every 10 minutes. I felt so gross the rest of the day, and even this morning. I don't know what grosses me out the most about it. It might be that the guy in front of the human centipede is a guy, and he's Asian. The movie's about a mad scientist that wants to connect people from mouth to butt, super grossssssssssss. (Don't want to watch it. I said I did, but I realize now it's not so much a horror movie, but a shock-film. Everyone's just going to be waiting to see the end when they show the crazy experiment and I know I'll get a nasty feeling when I leave the theater. I watched House of 1,000 Corpses by Rob Zombie awhile ago, and left the theater feeling sick. Weird that I used to watch a bunch of movies like that. One night I did a David Lynch marathon and watched all his movies back to back. I'm surprised I'm not messed up from it.)

Good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. you GDFD. got drunk fell down.

    An education is the last movie i need to see to watch all the oscar noms from last year.

    i watched a serious man this past weekend. bleh.

    and oh yeah, i'm a fan of using chat lingo in blog posts. gotta run...

    ReplyDelete