Friday, May 14, 2010

Hamstrings

Did the leg press Monday, and I found out how to work your hamstrings with it. Now mine are still sore, and it's Friday. Might be still sore cause I did my regular plyo on Wednesday. Two days a week still gives my body no days of being unsore, but it includes a pretty hard basketball game on Sundays.

Anyway, did some reading, and this is how I got super work on my hamstrings and some on my butt with the leg press.

- Put your feet up higher than normal on the foot plate.
- Point your toes like 45 degrees outwards from straight out.
- Slide the chair up as far as you can stretch. You can probably stretch further than you think when the weight is pushing on you.
- Push with your heels. I didn't think I could push with my heels cause I'm always pushing off my toes, but it's pretty easy if you concentrate on that.
- Let the weight come down as far as you can stretch.

The squat still sounds way better, but not brave enough to do them yet. Learning how to play a sport feels like the same thing as learning lifts. You want to look good and normal playing a sport, so it's the same way with lifting.

2 comments:

  1. If you want to focus on hamstring and butt, straight leg deadlifts are good.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpzRX3slWjE

    The video starts with a regular deadlift, then shows the straight-leg one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, i looked it up and that's what i heard, but she won't go barbell on deez boyz

    ReplyDelete