Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Recap

Gonna start recapping my weekends so I can remember what I was doing 10 years from now. Maybe I'll recap the whole week as a brain training thing.

Nevermind. It was even too boring for me to type out stuff from the whole week, plus it's hard to remember nothingness.

Friday:
After work I went over to Jessica's, and I knew she'd be super excited to have just finished the semester the day before. We went to Rudyard's to play some pool to start off the night, and I had the best game of my life by breaking and making 7 balls in a row. Then we pick up Monalisa at her apartment pretty close to Rice University because we went to Valhalla's, which is a bar on the Rice campus. We were going there cause one of Jessica's good friends came back to visit from Columbia. They have 95 cent 12 ounce cups of beer with other ones being $1.45 and up. Then for some reason we went to Boondocks. We don't know why we keep going there, I guess it's like a default place to go when we don't feel like thinking. Met up some people and had a lot of fun, but I had a little trouble the next day. Oh yeah, almost forgot that we went to Jack in the Box before going home, and I ordered 2 dollar menu burgers and two tacos, then I ordered one or two more dollar menu burgers. I guess I ate it all cause when I got up the next day all the bags were empty.

Saturday:
Woke up at 8:10AM for no reason and felt super not awesome, and I couldn't even go back to sleep. We were supposed to go to watch Chris, Shara, and Bryan do their dragon boat thing at some place downtown at 11. We get there at 11:15 cause we had a little trouble finding a parking spot. We didn't pay the four dollars cause we didn't think they'd check if we weren't gonna stay that long anyway. We see their second race of the day, and they win, and it looks pretty fun. Me and Jessica walk around and see people we know and try to look at booths, but they suck. We get some popsicles, which I dominated her at by getting the original bomb pop, and she gets the watermelon bomb pop. We leave to go to the Galleria because I want to get some brown shoes to wear with khakis cause I need some, and cause we're going to her gay friend's birthday party and she says it might be fancy. We eat mall food, and I don't want to pay for some shoes that we like. We go to Urban, and I remember I need some jeans cause all of mine are getting holes. I just want to get some levi's, but then I see they're 55 bucks, and I just decide to get them anyway. When the guy rings them up they're actually 29.99. Sold. I go to church with my parents, and we eat at the Pho place close to Chris' parents' house cause that's where everyone's gonna watch the Mayweather Mosley fight. I leave chris' parents' house early to meet up Jessica to go to her friend's party. It's super gay, not in the bad way just in the gay way. A bunch of gay a lesbian people talking and dancing on the roof of a pretty nice apartment building downtown. I know I have a 9AM game the next morning, so I don't drink that much, which wasn't that big of a deal cause gay people are pretty outgoing and make you feel comfortable anyway. They have a crazy gay neighbor, but I would rather have Jessica talk about him. He was the star of the night, and there was bout be a... girl fight cause some lesbian's girlfriend got all up on some straight girl and the girlfriend got mad. Everyone starts leaving cause of this and I see one of our friends stealing a bunch of bottles, so I grabbed a box of Breath Rx gum off of a table.

Sunday Funday:
Usually Jessica has super homework to do on Sundays, but since she was done we tried to take advantage of the whooooooole day. Since my game was at nine we got an early start. I get there on time, surprisingly, because I hardly ever do even to later games. We only were gonna have 7, so I knew I was getting a lot of minutes, but then we find out they're only gonna have four. We ran train on dem boyz like those Yates kids do. We scored 122 points, but they scored like 50 something. I don't know how they got so many. Jessica wants to go back home and sleep, but then I say let's not waste the day. She keeps talking about going to boiling crab to eat crawfish, so I say ok let's go to Fry's to look at tv's until lunchtime. Also, I want to see if I can buy a shirt cause all I have is a tank top since I just finished the basketball game, and I don't want to be those guys that wear those cause they think they're all swolled up and junk. It's kinda ok if you're super skinny cause then people know you're not trying to do that. I also think it's ok if my shirt is all sweaty and I keep my basketball shoes and shorts on cause then it'll look like I just came from a game. Don't hate. It's not bad to not want to look like a loser. We look at tv's and there's this one for like 3000 dollars, and it looks super duper awesome with avatar playing on it. Oh dang, and there's ps3's there for like 230 bucks. We have a little more time to burn before lunchtime, so we try to go to Saks Off 5th, but they don't open till 12. We go to DSW Shoes and Barnes and Noble and Target before Boiling Crab. I get some loser Steve Madden's and some Haynes t-shirts, and she gets coffee, slippers, and the worst book ever. We get to Boiling crab and the wait is at least an hour says the girl. We walk over to Lee's Sandwiches cause I'm starving. We get back, and the wait was fake cause now I have to scarf down my sandwich cause we have a table. Wendy and Juan come, and I get fried seafood cause I love it and I don't love crawfish. I guess it's like going to Tornado Burger and not getting a spicy anything or a gyro. We go home and take a nap before waking up and trying to find a reverse happy hour. We go to Also Known As sushi, also known as Aka. It's expensive, and then we go to Rudyard's to play some pool and darts and shuffleboard. Jessica gets her two friends from her classes to come cause school's done. She freaking beats me twice at darts, straight up regular rules, in order and everything. It ends up being like 1:45 or something when we leave. I fall asleep at her place, and that's called taking advantage of a whole day.

3 comments:

  1. nice recap. sounds like a busy, eventful sunday. want to know what i did this past weekend. MOVED!!! i hate moving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that watermelon bomb pop looked pretty good. Marianne really wanted the Shrek ice cream.

    ReplyDelete