Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weekend Update

What's so cool about weekend updates again? Oh yeah, our future selves are supposed to enjoy it. I honestly haven't gone back and read any old posts about our weekends, but I guess I'm not future enough yet.

A couple of weekends have gone by before an update so I'll try to summarize real quick. Philip's birthday passed already. He's 24 now. I told him to keep aging and told myself to stop; that way one day we can be the same age. That would be cool. People came over the weekend before his actual birthday and we had some shots at my place then went to The Lot. Again. I think I'm officially done with that place. Wendy and I rode with Philip's friend Johnny and he backed up into a car while getting out of my driveway. No sweat, we will continue to party. Philip, Sam, Dennis, Eli, _____, ______ and ______ met us up there. Nikko and Mona passed out(or so they say. oOOOoOo.) on my couch before midnight. Bryan, Marianne and Rex left after their photo-booth session. I don't remember much from The Lot except that this short Vietnamese guy kept showing us his tattoos and saying he was part of some Wa Ching gang. No clue. We indulged him by fake-caring, but really we were mocking him hardcore. What are real-life gangsters doing at The Lot anyway? They should be at The Roxy.

Saturday I didn't really get to hang out with Philip. We had lunch w/ Gerry, Mona, Sam and Nikko at Freebirds and Same passed out at the table. Philip went to church and then Nikko's and I went home to take a nap before going to my friend Firas' "surprise" birthday party. It wasn't a surprise because Wood forgot to hide the mixers he bought for the party. Wood played bartender all night and made martinis that were really stinking good. I think he used Absolut Acai + sugar water + lemon juice + blueberries and mint. I told him to name it and he said, "Deep Throat". So typical. We went to Meteor where you can watch men shower on-stage and then took the party bus to JR's.

Fast forward. On Tuesday we went to CiCi's for Philip's 1st birthday dinner and then met up my friends at Baker Street. On Wednesday we went to Tokyo One with Philip's family for his 2nd birthday dinner and then went to D and B to meet up his friends. Philip and Dennis played basketball on the tall hoops and made someone behind me said, "Wow, they're good together." I documented that so he can feel cool about himself one day. Oh yeah, and the skee ball machine makes me so mad 'cause it never keeps score correctly. Someone needs to write to the headquarters like Ben Stiller does in Greenberg. Anyway, we play a million games and we win a million tickets and then we headed to Woodrow's. I wore heels all day and my feet were killing me to the point where it felt like there were knives in my shoes, but Mona had extra shoes so I borrowed those so I could continue to party. "Hi my name is Jessica and I like to party."

The following Friday we met up with Philip's new work-friend, Tanner and his girlfriend at Sherlock's. Dollar beers baby. We invited them to Donna's birthday at Dry Creek, which is really dry, but it's BYOB to make up for it. Beer pong against his co-workers at Pearl Bar after that and then drove allll the way out to Westchase to go to Brenda's skate party. Philip was thirsty and opened a bottle of water and chugged it all fast. Too bad it was vodka. Drove allll the way back to Washington and finished up the night there. Philip got mad at me for the usual and I got mad that he was mad that I was mad at him for being mad at me and then stayed mad for being mad. Like a dream within a dream within a dream's dream. Keeps things spicy.

On Saturday we went to Donna's 2nd birthday party at Pattie's pool. We didn't plan on going hard at all, but the shots kept coming and the beer was flowing. What can you do? Have fun is the answer. Had to cut the party short because Philip had birthday dinner #3 at Lucky Village with his entire family. We thought we were late, but we pulled up right as Marianne, Bryan and Philip's mom were getting there. After dinner we actually had a lean night. Took a power nap and woke up at 12:30 AM. We were so confused, cause it was a Saturday, and we don't waste Saturday nights. We ended up going to his brother's house to set up his new gift- a new 40" TV. Lucky. Watched Psych and Pirate Radio until the sun came up. Lean.

3 comments:

  1. i guess u can put my name in those blanks! guess im not memorable! and the gangster was taiwanese! he kept talking to yall in mandarin the whole night

    ReplyDelete
  2. somebody looked up Wa Ching on my youtube account, I'm guessing it was you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  3. joseph i left the blanks there to add some mystery to the post.

    bryan i never looked it up. promise. i bet it was _________.

    ReplyDelete