Friday, July 9, 2010

office happenings: New for real job

Started that new for real job at FMC Technologies on June 21st. After today, it will be 3 weeks. So far all I've done is study all the junk we make. Feels like school taught me one percent of this.

So I'll run through a typical day.

-Get here at like 8:03 and boot up computer, takes forever with the laptops they gave us.
-Start looking up on the internet on my phone. Download apps, look at cars I might get, play games on my phone, etc. Do all this while periodically looking in a binder with work stuff in it when I hear people walk by.
-Open up work stuff on my computer like the home FMC intranet page, Outlook, the softphone that goes with the bluetooth headset that no one uses, and some power point slides.
-Study for a little and play with my phone at the same time for the next few hours till lunch at 11:30.
-Take a dump between 830 and 10. Play with my phone in there until it there's no one else around, so I can come out. Also, listen to everyone explode into their toilets next to me.
-Lunch time until like 1230. Usually go to my brother's house to eat whatever they got, or go eat out with coworkers or jessica. My coworkers used to ask me everyday, but they figured out that I would say I'm just gonna eat at home unless it's wednesday, which is Wings n More day. First week, I never said no cause I was super new. It's not that boring to eat with them cause they're all only 1-3 years older than me.
-Come back at around 1230 and do the same thing until five that I was doing before lunch. I've spent a lot of time signing up and reading about my benefits and 401k and doing all these computer based trainings. Also, figuring out cool ways to use my phone, like blogging which took a while to figure out the best way to do it.

Today is actually the first day of engineering boot camp and starts at lunch. Maybe I'll talk about what it is after wards if I figure out what it is.

Perce!

1 comment: