Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Philippines 2010: Part 1

The Gaddis went again for the third time in two years for kuya jofre and ate mye's wedding on 10/10/10. I'm gonna try to break down the trip from my point of view.

Friday:

We get there at night after leaving thursday morning because of the airplane time machine. Starting to be tradition to go to Nomu right when we get there to meet up all the cousins. It's a small bar that my cousin part owns, and we meet most of the cousins there with some of their friends. We take over the vip room upstairs, and we take lots of shots and drink lots of beer. All the girls peace out, and we go to heartbeat. Everyone gets super drunk, and the girls are ugly. We get burger king, which becomes a recurring theme, and they wouldn't let us back into ate dianne's condo. We sleep at kuya jofre's, and I get a migraine and kick kuya jofre all night.

Saturday:

Kuya allen wakes us up to take us home so they can do stuff for the wedding. We're super hungover, and kuya russell stays to buy a suit for the wedding. Me and bryan just go to sleep when we get to the condo. We get ready to go to kalumpit where kuya tong and his brother's live. The condo doesn't have hot water, but the pressure and flow are good. Tita claire's house is super duper hot. She's kuya tong's mom and tito fred's wife. Kuya tong keeps wanting us to drink, but me and my brother are too hungover. We stay there all day, and everyone just keeps napping in the air conditioned rooms while I nap twice out in the living room and be soaking with sweat. We finally are all up, and we start drinking some beer while listening to kuya bong's cd's. He's a councilman and kuya tong's brother, so he has a jingle from his campaign. It's a parody of nobody but you by the wondergirls. Another cd we hear is a bunch of acoustic covers of pop songs from lady gaga and others, so we ask kuya bong's wife to burn us some. Time to leave and then party. Gets kinda late when we finally get to metrowalk to meet up kuya russell with kuya jofre and his family and the chicago people. On the way in, we see kuya russell walking out ballin it up. He says he's coming back. Everyone left before we got there, so we tried to party at aruba, just me, bryan, marianne, ate nicole, ida, and kuya rex. We get kuya jofre and them to come back baby. Party time. At least that's what it felt like to me, but it could have just been me kuya rex and fel. We met her chinese boyfriend for the first time there. She one upped me cause I didn't bring my chinese girlfriend, just my filipina one. Joke lang. We go to burger king, and kuya rex tries to order 2 of everything, but end up getting like 2 of 3 of the value meals. Me and him eat almost all of it. I get another migraine and throw up in the sink. Boom.

1 comment: