Thursday, June 24, 2010

Weekend Recap/Boss Party

Almost skipped two whole weekends. Tsk tsk. There's no way I'm going to be able to recap everything that happened off the top of my head, so I'm just going to write about some of the highlights. This past weekend I threw Philip a party for getting his job at FMC Technologies. (I just googled the company after I typed that and whoa, I'm impressed.) The party was themed "Like a Boss" so you could come dressed like a boss or like a secretary. I was nervous about throwing a party at my place since my place is so tiny and I don't have real A/C. I think it turned out ok, but my memory of the actual party is pretty hazy. Made a dumb rule that everyone who walked in had to take a shot immediately, but didn't think about the consequences of me and Philip taking double the amount of everyone else. Philip was pretty much gone by 11 PM and the party only started at like 9:30-ish.

Oh yeah, before the party Philip didn't really have an outfit, so we went around looking for a bowtie. Target had none, Marshall's had none and TJ Maxx had the same exact crap that Marshall's had, so that was a failure too. Guess where we ended up getting a bowtie? Erotic Cabaret. We went in, and we're like, "Bowties?" The goth chick in lingerie showed us where they were, which was straight up in our face on the wall. We left and smelled like sex-store-incense for another hour.

Lots of people showed up at the party which was cool. People kept coming in and leaving in different groups. Some people came just to pre-party, some stayed for the whole party, and some came for the after party. All the liquor and beer were gone by 1 AM, so everyone started drinking the wine; pouring it in water bottles and stuff. Gross. So, everyone knows that when Philip gets drunk he likes to take off his shirt. Of course this happens (pretty early in the night too, 'cause he went so hard, so fast) and while he's shirtless someone spills a drink all over his naked torso and onto his pants. He tells everyone, "OK! I'm gonna go change!!!" and he runs into the bathroom. (This story is courtesy of Donna's boyfriend, David by the way.) Philip's in the bathroom for awhile, and when he finally comes out, he's wearing Rex's blazer but still has no shirt on. He hasn't even wiped off the drink from his stomach, and his pants are also still wet. He comes back out to join the party and David's like, "You call that changing?"

My neighbor (next house down -loser chick, not my duplex neighbor-cool Adam) came in at one point and got mad 'cause we were so loud, but it's ok, because the next day I bought her some flowers, so I think we are cool again. The night was long and Philip and I definitely don't remember much, but I bet we both had fun. I also know I'm leaving out a lot of stuff that I want to write about, but I'm being really lazy right now. I wanted to recap everyone's outfits and some stuff people said, but maybe Philip can finish that on another day.

Saturday. Went to eat Pho Saigon with Wendy, Dennis, Mona, Mai and Philip. Ate, talked, did the chopstick breaking challenge again. (Yeah, I broke mine. Easy.) Philip went to church and I cleaned up the horrible mess from the party. He has such a good excuse, "Oh, I'm going to church with my parents. SEE YA!" The cleaning was actually pretty easy. Mopped & threw away a crap-ton of junk. (My neighbor and I share a trashcan and I always feel like he's judging my trash since it's always a lot of beer bottles.) After Philip got done with church, we tried to figure out where to eat, and ended up at Hooters. I was always against it, NOT BECAUSE I'M JEALOUS ABOUT BOOBS AND STUFF 'CAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS I'M SOOO SECURE, but because I always thought their food sucked. Anyway, their food didn't suck. The wings were good and I should have listened to Philip and gotten the whatever it's called ("fireman's truck?") sauce wings, but I stuck to "hot", because I thought the name meant what it was supposed to taste like. Wendy and Rex met us up and we split the check down the middle couple to couple, because Rex and Wendy are dating now. After dinner we all split up and Philip and I go home to brainstorm the night. We end up picking up Wendy and going to my friend Rob's birthday party. He's a very lovable guy, so if he invited me, then I'm gonna be there. (We only stayed for a second though.) Ended up at Dave and Buster('s) where everyone else was and had fun. Played some mini-bball and got killed when usually I'm the champ, some regular sized bball and got killed, but that's fine cause I'm short, and played some skee ball which I am most definitely the best at 'cause I hit those side 100's all the time. (Wow. I realize I sound so full of myself, but it's not real guys. It's fake cocky because I suck at everything. Have to make myself feel good on my own blog. This is a fake disclaimer because I really am the best!) Played some pool after all that and drank some big beers. I'm going to say that after 3 beers, I'm always down to have people over for after parties, so I started begging people to come. Only Juan came. We ended up showing him all the DJ Steve Porter videos (slap chop remix, Allen Iverson remix, etc.).

Sunday. Father's day. Dim sum at Kim Son with my godparents (Chinese-style godparents) and my family. Hung out at home with Philip after that and then went to Fuddruckers for dinner. One pounder with bacon, pepper jack cheese and grilled onions. Milkshake on the side. No boys in my yard though.

Philip has a real job now, so I don't know how he's going to get to edit these posts. Looks like he's gonna have to put in some overtime and do it all after work. Ha!

4 comments:

  1. At my real job now, I hate having no internet, but maybe I'll like getting paid. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait. rex malixi? who's this wendy you speak of, perhaps i'll meet her this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, sorry, they're not really dating. they hardly even know each other. just tried to embarrass them 'cause we split the check guy/girl, guy/girl so it seemed like it.

    ReplyDelete