Tuesday, December 21, 2010

HH (happy holidays not happy hour)

It's been forever since I've blogged. Been super busy finishing up the semester. Now that I'm on break I can finally relax and do whatever it is I want to do everyday...except all I want to do is watch good movies at the theater, but Philip is anti-movie theaters. Too expensive. Too cold. Too lazy. Sucks, 'cause The Angelika closed down and they always played the movies that I wanted to see. It's funny 'cause I met the guy who closed it down when I went to have dinner w/ Miles and his new girlfriend (yup, he did it). The dude was an old friend of hers who buys up property and manages them. He said that Angelika wasn't making proper adjustments to the landlord's requests; like re-painting stuff and patching up some wood. Really? Big deal. I never felt like that place was dirty or old looking at all. But now Houston has one less theater. BORING.

Let's see if I can recap this past weekend. On Thursday I statused that I was going to throw a Yao-Ming party because everyone was saying he's over - and that's sad. I rented Year of the Yao and figured we could figure out some drinking game w/ it. Juan, Oscar and Sam came over for a little bit and then we went to Shot Bar to meet Stephanie. They have a wheel you spin to win shots (but this wheel wins). We won a couple of times, which is probably what led to the rest of the night being a blur. After that Juan took us to Armadillo cause he knows the bartender there or something. We go inside to use the bathroom and then walk to Galant Knight (aka Joia aka the place we used to go when we were all a lot younger). On the walk there me and Steph decide to do a running hug and we both fall to the ground. Pretty much every running hug I've ever experienced leads to the ground; so no more. We stay at Galant Knight for a little bit: Philip is being Philip, Juan is dancing w/ Yvette, Sam is dancing w/ some interesting looking girls and I'm wanting to go home bad. End up back at my place and we all finally watch Year of the Yao.

On Friday we sat around after work and ate BLT's and croissants and watched bloopers on YouTube. It's Always Sunny bloopers are so good. Later we get a little bored and end up going to Brit John's house for a little bit. Wendy, Andy, Don, John and Christine are all there. We do this thing where we looked at everyone's profile pictures on Facebook on John's big screen to make fun of them. Then we looked at everyone's first 5 tagged pictures ever and some people got in trouble. We leave and we head to Shot Bar (Steph loves that place for some reason) but the line is long and it's cold so we just go back to my place. Everyone meets us there and it turned into a mini-party. Whenever the ukulele comes out, it equals and good time.

Saturday was also pretty low-key. Had lunch w/ Philip at the usual. Rice plate for me, #14 for him. Got a strawberry milkshake after that and then ran into Sam, Steph and Conrad outside. Sat with them during their lunch and then went back to my place. I had to finish up some Christmas shopping so Philip drove me to all these boutiques I've been dying to go to (Mortar, Serendipity and some other place I can't remember- but it's ok, because that place had the ugliest things I had ever seen in my life.) I ended up going to church with him for Simang Bang. (Correct me please.) We were both starving at this point and I was so jealous that he would get to go up and eat a cracker. Stand up, sit down, kneel, listen to them sing, hold hands, sing again, watch people eat crackers, kneel, stand up, shake hands. I got this thing down. Had good food afterward in the mess hall and tried really hard to get Carmen to play with me. This lady sang "At Last" and it was really good and not fobby. Went home after that and Donna and David came over for a little bit. Another lean night.

No comments:

Post a Comment